Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

Today is a day of Remembrance for all our past and fallen service members- I hope you all take the time to thank a vet, soldier, sailer, airman, and marine today. As a military spouse, I would also like to extend a thank you to the spouses and families of these servicemen and women because I know firsthand how we too sacrifice our day-to-day for our country!



My son (2 1/2 years old) and I drew this American Handprints together this morning- I hope he grows to love his country and appreciate his servicemembers as much as I do when he grows up :)

I would like to give special, personal thanks to PFC Jeremiah Monroe, a soldier from my hometown who passed away in September of 2009 while at war in Afghanistan....RIP Jeremiah, you will never be forgotten <3

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet drawing. Yes, thanks and love to all our service people and thier families.

    ReplyDelete